Under the authority of the plant manager, the manufacturing engineer develops, coordinates and participates in continuous improvement projects for equipment and tools, manufacturing processes and products. They act as a technical resource for the departments of production, maintenance, quality and coordinates capitalization projects. Working in manufacturing operations, they participate in projects within multidisciplinary teams bringing together research and development, marketing, purchasing and procurement departments. Their main objectives are to improve the robustness of the manufacturing processes as well as the quality of the products.
New products, processes, equipment and materials:
- Is responsible for the implementation of the technological plan, aiming at incorporating the new technologies concerning robotics, atomization, thermoforming or any other equipment used in the composite and fiberglass sectors.
- Develops and coordinates activities related to the implementation of new equipment, machinery and technology taking into account feasibility and profitability.
- Assigns mandates to subcontractors as required and measures compliance and quality of work performed.
- In collaboration with other departments of the company, the engineer suggests, investigates and implements new materials, manufacturing processes, methods or equipment to optimize production and reduce the costs of non-quality.
Continuous Improvement Projects:
- Coordinates and participates in activities related to the preparation and implementation of continuous improvement projects. Evaluates objectives, challenges, activities, costs and return on investment; monitors projects and measures results.
- Target, analyze and evaluate the feasibility and profitability of improvement projects.
- Participates in the problem solving process related to operations.
Health and safety, environment:
- Work with the health and safety officer to prevent and correct risk situations in the health and safety of workers.
- Establish activities to meet the requirements of insurance and environmental standards.
- Determines the important parameters to be controlled in production and establishes practices
Professional Skills / Qualifications:
Minimum level of education and / or specialization:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or other similar discipline
- Certification in continuous improvement (green belt, black belt)
Minimum relevant experience required:
- Minimum of 5 years at a similar position
Specific skills and requirements:
- English an asset
- Autonomous and structured
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Good communicator
- Ability to lead a multidisciplinary work team
- Knowledge in robotics and automation an asset
- Knowledge in process control